Tuesday 12 November 2013

Elestra Skill Guide level 60 in Dragon Nest

Firstly, let's determine the two new Ex skills of an Elestra. Here they are:

Freezing Field Ex- Freezing Field is enhanced to increase attack area and targets hit in the center will be frozen for a short while. Well, as what I have reasoned recently at my level 50 skill build for Elestra, you will love Freezing Field because of its Ex version. The AOE is now bigger which only means that you can hit your target more often and now, it will give you the chance to control your enemy more because of its freezing state debuff. The only thing you should do is proper aiming on the skill as it is not easy to get enemies frozen because, you need to exactly put them at the center of the skill. LOTS practice is needed with this one.

Bonus Tip: Best used when you trap an opponent with your poison missile. Practice the aiming part when the opponent is down and looks like a fool on that pool of green goo.

Frozen Spike Ex- This skill is also been buffed up. Now, you can throw additional Spikes in front and after a certain time, the additional spike will explode and give damage to the enemy. 

My first skill build for a level 60 Elestra was this:
Sorceress Skill Tree
Elemental Lord Skill Tree
Elestra Skill Tree
Pure Ice build seems to have a lot of potential at first sight. However in reality, it's not that COOL. If you go pure ice build, you only benefit on the damage side. The debuff or should I say the freezing or slow effect of some of the ice skills isn't that significant. The duration also increase at max level but, it's not that crucial for an Elestra. 

Another disadvantage of pure build is the "DOWNTIME" you will experience on it. As you will notice on your Elemental Lord skill tree, you have a skill which has a 13 seconds cooldown BUT, that doesn't mean you can spam it everytime as duhhh, 13 seconds? Still you have to wait. Other ice skill has longer cooldown and often times, you need to run around for a bit and wait for that those skill's cooldown. THIS BUILD IS A BAD IDEA ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE GOING PVP.

I have decided to reset my skill. sigh :(... There's another money used for skill reset initialization..... And come up with my recommended build for a level 60 Elestra in Dragon Nest SEA [T4]. Here it is guys:
Sorceress Skill Tree
Elemental Lord Skill Tree
Elestra Skill Tree
Now let's discuss the changes of the skill distribution....

First is on the Sorceress skill tree. As you can see, I retain all the skill distribution at my level 50 skill build for Elestra. The only thing that change is that I maxed out the passive enhancements (HP, MP and MP recovery). Why not max Glacial Spike? Well, I am pretty confident with the percentage freeze and the increment per level after this level will just be 1%. So spending 5 points to increase just 5% isn't really that much. Instead of this, I prefer allocating the points to the skills which can do decent damage and will give debuff to the enemies. The poison missile is also left at level 6 as it's only use for utility purposes. I only need that 3 gooey substance on the ground for PvP purposes and not the damage.

On the Elemental Lord skill tree, a lot of things have changed. As you can see Flame Road is now left at level 1 for MOBILITY PURPOSES ONLY. In PvP, it's pretty useful for positioning and escaping or even chasing enemies like warriors. I left Phoenix storm at level 0 as the points intended to get this skill is more needed on the ice skills. And then, there's that controversial Hell Fire. For an Elestra at level 60, I think Hell Fire isn't really that much of a use. Do remember that Fire skills for Elestra aren't use to do damage but its main purpose is for MOBILITY (Flame Road) and as a FILLER skills (the rest of the fire skills). The Ice skills that I picked to max is Freezing Sword and Frozen Spike. Why? It's because this two has the shortest cooldown amongst the Ice skills. And based on experience, I often cast this on PvP and PvE. Freezing Field is left at level 11 as I think it's better that way as the increment on damage and as well as the duration of its debuff isn't that much when you want to level it more than 11. 

And lastly, at the Elestra skill tree, I have decided to max out all the active skills and get all the Ex versions. 

With this build, I became more flexible in terms of PvE and PvP. Most of the time, I really enjoy it in PvP. This is a hybrid build which is perfect for those who want their Elestra to be both great in PvP and PvE. If you trust me, then you can follow my skill distribution for my Elestra or if you have doubts or questions, you can write some words on the comment box below. I will appreciate if you share your opinion with this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment